Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cosplay for Muslim Girls

I've always wanted to cosplay, mostly because I love dressing up. But then I realised...


I couldn't do it ;_; I couldn't cosplay most of my favorite characters, because of the way they were dressed. I can't get away with wearing a miniskirt! It takes too much effort, and the outfit won't look the same!




 But then I realised that I could cosplay some of my other favorite characters, and here they are:


1.) Kaonashi from Spirited Away



One of the easiest to do, I've already done it myself.


Just pop on an abaya, a hijab, and a mask. Voila! An A+ costume.


2.) Amon and the Equalists from Legend of Korra

 

This sounds like a band name, Amon and the Equalists....

Equalist henchmen 

Pretty much any character from Korra is modest enough to cosplay - even Naga the giant polar bear dog.

3.) Akatsuki member from Naruto

More masks: Tobi, fifth from left

Just add a hood to the costume and you're ready to go!


4.) Dust from Marvel Comics


Yes indeed, this is a Muslim woman in an abaya and niqab. She also has powers...
File:Dustpower.jpg

.....and is part of the Young X-Men. Although you might have to explain to people who you are.

That's it! You can get creative with any character: these are just are a handful of characters whose appearance is inherently modest.

Have fun cosplaying!



EDIT!

hatsune miku cosplay

This is a fabulous cosplayer who pulled the Miku look off!!! msA! (This is Deanty M. Muchtiarsyah, and I found it here.)